The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) reported today 570 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 among community and 43 among travelers.
The MOPH recorded 1035 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 341590.
The MOPH issued a statement on COVID-19 developments in Qatar, which said the following:
New Cases and Recoveries:
- 570 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 among community and 43 among travelers.
- 1035 people have recovered from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 341590.
National COVID-19 Vaccination Program Data:
- 6084258 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 12420 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 1035820 COVID-19 booster vaccine doses have been administered to date.
- 87.3 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Current COVID-19 Status:
- Like many countries around the world, Qatar has been confronting a new wave of COVID-19, driven by the highly contagious Omicron variant.
- The most recent data appears to show that we have reached the peak of this third wave as the number of new daily cases is now declining.
- The support of the community in adhering to the government restrictions and standard COVID-19 precautions, as well as the high vaccination rate, has played a significant role in reaching a plateau of new daily cases.
- However, the virus is still circulating in Qatar and with high numbers of new cases continuing to be identified each day, and it is very important that people continue to act cautiously and follow the restrictions and preventive measures.
- There is clear evidence of the protective effects of the vaccines and the majority of patients being admitted to ICU with COVID-19 are either unvaccinated or had their second dose more than 6 months ago and have not received a booster dose.
What You Can Do:
- With COVID-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the COVID-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MOPH website for regular updates and latest information.
Here’s What Happens If Your Cheque Bounces In Qatar
Apology after Philippines tourism video uses foreign footage
Apple Is Now Worth More Than $3 Trillion, Hitting New Market Cap Milestone
Man burns Holy Quran outside mosque during Eid al-Adha