How to Apply for Family Visit Visa in Qatar?
Residents can apply for a short-term family visit visa for their families to enter Qatar. The visa is valid for one month. However, relatives who wish to stay beyond one month may undergo a physical examination within the first 72 hours of arrival to apply for an extension.
The visa can be extended for another five months for first and second degree relatives and in-laws (Father, Mother, Sister and Children) and can be extended for only two months in case of other relatives. Foreign employees who wish to bring their families to live in Qatar should refer to the Family Visa.
Download and fill out the application form.
Attach the following documents in case of applying visa for wife:
- Copies of personal ID or passport of the resident husband and wife's valid passport.
- Letter from husband's employer citing profession and salary.
- Copy of attested marriage contract.
Attach the following documents in case of applying visa for other relatives:
- Copies of personal ID or passport of the sponsor and valid passport of the visitor.
- Copy of sponsor's wife's passport with valid residence permit or residential tenancy contract.
- Letter from employer of the sponsor citing profession and salary.
- Document to prove relationship.
The General Directorate of Border Passports and Expatriates Affairs.
The form should be typed in Arabic and name & data should be typed as written in the passport.
Please review the note in the second page of the paper form.
An exit permit is required if the visa holder is male and above 18 years, and will stay more than 30 days.
To cancel the visa, please visit the centers affiliated to the General Directorate of Border Passports and Expatriates Affairs.
A fee of QR200 applies for each visa, and QR50 for each registered dependent or companion. The visa is extended against the same fees and overstay fine of QR200 applies per day.