Outsourcing Service in Qatar for Driver jobs
Drivers are always urgently needed to work for establishments or employers in Qatar. There is a high demand for people with driving skills in this country so there are many job opportunities in Doha for them.
But, what is the salary range for drivers in Qatar? How much money does a person working in courier, delivery, and transport services make in this country? How can an expat apply for driving jobs in Doha?
The good news is: Salaries in Gulf countries are exempt from income taxes. Therefore, Qatar is one of the highest-paying nations for drivers.
However, salaries for specific roles in the market may vary from the estimates provided here, depending on the industry, type of employer, responsibilities of the role and the profile of the individual.
Drivers salaries also vary drastically based on experience, skills, gender, or location.
The salary estimates in this table are calculated using data provided by candidates registered on some wage survey portals like the salaryexplorer.com.
If you are interested in the salary of a particular driving job, see below for salaries for specific job titles.
(Each is the average monthly salary and may or may not include the housing, transport, and other benefits yet).
|Occupation||Average Monthly Salary|
|Delivery Driver||QAR 2,839 - QAR 4,120|
|Truck Driver||QAR 2,320 - QAR 4,840|
|Van Driver||QAR 2,469|
|Warehouse Worker||QAR 3,034|
|Owner Operator Driver||QAR 2,401|
|Bus Driver||QAR 4,900|
|Driving Instructor||QAR 5,660|
|Shuttle Driver||QAR 4,710|
|Taxi Driver||QAR 4,710|
|Light Driver (For Pick and Drop)||QAR 2,500 - 3,500|
|Driver cum Van Salesman||QAR 3,000|
|Home or Family Driver||QAR 2,300|
Below you will find a detailed breakdown based on many different criteria.
A person working in courier, delivery, and other transport services in Qatar typically earns around QAR 3,000 per month in total. Salaries range from QAR 3,000 (lowest average) to QAR 10,000 (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher).
Drivers working in the following government-owned transportation services are earning the following:
• Mowasalat - QAR 5,000 per month
• Qatar Foundation - QAR 4,500 per month
• Qatar Airways - QAR 4,000 per month
If you are an employer urgently hiring drivers for your company, contact B2C Solutions — the best outsourcing service in Qatar for all your recruitment needs.
New Minimum Wage
With the new minimum wage, your employer will be legally required to pay you a basic wage of no less than QAR 1,000 a month and provide you with decent accommodation and food.
However, your employer may prefer to pay you more money so you can arrange your own food and choose your own accommodation.
1. If your employer provides you with decent food and accommodation (that is, you do not pay for food and accommodation), you are entitled to a basic wage of at least QAR 1,000.
2. If your employer provides you with decent accommodation, but does not provide you with food, you are entitled to a food allowance of no less than QAR 300 on top of a basic wage of at least QAR 1,000. In this case, you should receive at least QAR 1,300 per month.
3. If your employer does not provide you with accommodation or food, you are entitled to allowances of no less than QAR 300 for food and QAR 500 for accommodation on top of a basic wage of at least QAR 1,000. In this case, you should receive at least QAR 1,800 per month.
The experience level is also the most important factor in determining the salary. The more years of experience the higher the wage.
There are employers who are looking for drivers to fill in temporary or permanent positions.
• A driver can be hired for 4-6 hours a day work and the basic salary is QAR 20 or more per hour.
• There are also those who have 12 hours daily duty for 30 working days.
The list below includes documents required by most employers in Qatar. Some may not be asked depending on the hiring company.
• Updated CV
• Valid Qatar driving license and clearly scanned copy
• Good English skills
• Can drive manual and automatic gear
• Must have a car
• Full and passport size photos with white background
• Copy of traveling passport clearly scanned
• Certificate of good conduct
• Letter from previous employer
Many companies prefer those with locally available and transferable visas as well as Qatar IDs.
Petrol is usually provided by the employers. Some are offering additional QAR 1,000 for monthly fuel allowance.
The experience level is the most important factor in determining the salary. The more years of experience the higher your wage. Here are the average salaries by experience level:
|Experience||Average Monthly Salary|
|0 - 2 Years||2,720 QAR|
|2 - 5 Years||3,860 QAR|
|5 - 10 Years||5,070 QAR|
|10 - 15 Years||6,230 QAR|
|15 - 20 Years||6,630 QAR|
|20+ Years||7,260 QAR|
A driver with less than 2 years of experience makes approximately 2,720 QAR per month.
While someone with an experience level between two and five years is expected to earn 3,860 QAR per month, 42% more than someone with less than two year's experience.
An experience level between 5 and 10 years lands a salary of 5,070 QAR per month, 31% more than someone with 2 to 5 years of experience.
Higher education equals a bigger salary. But, how much more money can a degree add to your income? Check the estimates below:
|Education||Average Monthly Salary|
|High School||3,380 QAR|
|Certificate or Diploma||4,960 QAR|
|Bachelor's Degree||6,650 QAR|
“ Salary variations differ from person to person.
“ On average, a person's salary doubles their starting salary by the time they cross the 10 years* experience mark. ”
Looking for the best recruitment agency in Qatar? Partner with B2C Solutions for all your hiring needs. Get in touch with them by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you are a job seeker or actively looking for an immediate job, drop your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a comment