The Ministry of Municipality Launches the Pet Import Permits Service for Hayya Card Holders
Pets in Qatar
The Ministry of Municipality (Al Baladiya) outlined the guidelines to be followed in order to bring pets into Qatar during the World Cup, in a tweet on 20 October 2022.
The Ministry announced the launch of a service: "Issuance of pet import permits to the State of Qatar".
In addition, the Ministry of Municipality announced the launch of the service of issuing veterinary health certificates and pet import permits for Haya card holders.
Visitors can avail of the electronic service to issue entry permits for their pets through the Ministry's website.
- Dogs and cats must be accompanied by a valid import permit, no later than 30 days before the pet arrives in Qatar.
- Dogs or cats must be equipped with an electronic microchip.
- Large and dangerous breeds of dogs require permission from the Ministry of the Interior.
- Visitors must take their pets when returning to their country.
Pet Import Permits Service : Requirements to obtain an Import Permit
- Dogs and cats must be over 7 months old.
- Your dog or cat should be vaccinated against rabies.
- Cats should be triple-vaccinated.
- The entry of the pet is allowed during the period of validity of the vaccination.
- Dogs should be vaccinated against Canine Canine distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis C and Leptospira.
- Blood test for rabies immune antibodies (RSNT).
- The pet must wait for (90) days from the date of taking the blood sample before traveling.
- A copy of the vaccination certificate or card.
- A copy of the blood test result.
Steps to apply for the service:
- Log in to the ministry's website through the following link; by entering the date of birth and Haya card number, then activating the verification code (OTP).
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Fill out the data in the form, submit the application, and choose the type of service (import or export cats or dogs).
- Receive the system messages on the applicant's registered email address.