Step-by-step Guide to Changing Jobs in Qatar without NOC
Are you currently in Qatar and planning to quit and change your job, but have no clue on where to begin? What is the first step? How to get started?
Here is a step-by-step guide to follow if you want to change your job in Qatar, according to the International Labour Organization:
All workers in the State of Qatar are able to change employers without having to first obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC).
Steps below apply to private sector workers covered by Labour Law No. 14 of 2004, agricultural and grazing workers, domestic workers and fishermen.
To change employers, the following steps should be followed:
1. The worker should notify his/her employer through the electronic system of the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs (ADLSA):
• The worker should give a one-month notice if he/she has been in the job for two years or less
• The worker should give a two-month notice if he/she has been in the job for more than two years
2. The worker should express his/her intention to change jobs through the electronic notification system of ADLSA, with the following documents enclosed:
• ADLSA change-of-employer form
• Copy of the contract signed with the former employer, authenticated by ADLSA (or the employment offer in absence of contract copy)
• The new employer’s job offer in Arabic
3. The worker and the new employer should receive an SMS from ADLSA confirming the change of employment.
4. The new employer should initiate the electronic employment contract on ADLSA’s Digital Authentication System.
5. The new employer should print out the employment contract, and discuss and sign it with the worker.
6. The new employer should upload the signed employment contract on ADLSA’s Digital Authentication System, and pay the authentication fee of QAR 60.
7. When the employment contract is authenticated, the new employer should submit a request for a new QID to the Ministry of Interior.
Upon completion of this procedure, the worker will be able to start the new job. The worker should receive his/her new Qatari ID card (QID) and health card from the new employer.
* Except in cases of termination upon contract expiry or termination on grounds of abuse by employer.
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION?
For more information please contact the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs on the hotline 16008, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Wesbite www.adlsa.gov.qa or visit its offices.
Note: Both workers and employers can download a copy of the employment contract at all times through the Digital Authentication System.
Electronic notification system: https://bit.ly/ADLSA-ENS
If you come across any problems or technical issues , please contact the technical support at the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs: E-notice@ADLSA.gov.qa or contact 4028 8888
Digital Authentication System: https://elcr.adlsa.gov.qa/
Here is a brief reference based on the above steps:
Now, that you already know the complete process of changing jobs in Qatar, you're now ready to start your new career!