Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) today reported 99 new cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) and 159 people recovered from the virus in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of people recovered in Qatar to 235,014.
Out of 99 new cases, 57 are community cases and 42 from travellers returning from abroad.
No death was reported in the last 24 hours. The total death toll from Covid-19 stands at 606.
The total number of positive Covid-19 cases recorded in Qatar till now is 236,834 and there are 1,214 active cases under treatment.
5,419 people were tested for the first time in the last 24 hours (23,541 tests in total) taking the total tests done so far to 2,676,496 tests.
No one was admitted in intensive care in the last 24 hours and 13 people continue to receive medical attention in ICU.
There were 2 cases of hospital admissions in the last 24 hours taking the total number of patients in the hospital to 57.
4,722,279 doses of Covid-19 vaccines have been administered to community members since the start of the vaccination programme.
2,132 doses of Covid-19 vaccines were administered during the past 24 hours.
81.9% of the total population received a full vaccination with two doses of the vaccine.
Current COVID-19 Status
* In recent weeks the combined impact of COVID-19 restrictions and increasing vaccination rates, and the overwhelming support of the community, has resulted in a consistent reduction in the number of new daily infections in the country.
* However, it is still important to be cautious as the second wave is not yet over and there are still two highly contagious and highly virulent strains of the virus that are actively circulating in the community.
* The third phase of the gradual lifting of precautionary restrictions began on Friday, July 9, and is part of a four-stage plan to be implemented over the coming months.
* The date of implementation and the duration of each phase will depend on the pandemic indicators which depend to a great extent on the degree of compliance of the community members with the current measures, restrictions and guidance by the government.
* It is important during the current period that all members of society, including those who have received the vaccination, continue to wear masks as recommended and continue to adhere to social distancing.
What You Can Do
* With the recent increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
* Adherence to physical distancing.
* Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
* Wearing a face mask.
* Washing hands regularly.
* Anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
* Visit the MOPH website for regular updates and new information.
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Smoke-free stadiums and bans on tobacco marketing
Qatar Says it Will Adopt Climate Tech Application in FIFA World Cup 2022
World's deepest shipwreck discovered
Ministry urges public to participate in #WateringBirds initiative