Expat bus drivers, security guards, watchmen and grocers to be replaced
Oman has banned expats from being employed in more than 200 professions in the Sultanate as part of its ongoing efforts to boost Omanisation, local media reported.
The Sultanate’s Minister of Labour on Sunday issued a decision No 235/2022 regulating the practice of certain professions now reserved for Omanis.
The decision shall be published in the Official Gazette and take effect from the day following the date of its publication. In 2018, the ministry had banned expats in 87 professions spread across nearly 10 sectors.
The decision was based on the Labour Law issued by Royal Decree No 35/2003 and Royal Decree No 89/2020 establishing the Ministry of Labour, defining its specializations and endorsing its organizational structure.
Article 1 of the decision says that expats will be prohibited from practicing 207 professions, and they can continue until the expiry of the current work permits.
The Ministry of Labour aims to provide 35,000 jobs through recruitment, replacement and training for citizens in 2022.
PARTIAL LIST OF PROFESSIONS AND POSITIONS OMANISED UNDER THE NEW DECISION:
1. Administrative manager
2. Director/manager of staff affairs
3. Human resources manager
4. Public relations manger
5. Manager of the CEO's office
6. Recruitment manager
7. Follow-up manager
8. Security supervisor
9. Director for students affairs
10. Career guidance manger
12. Data entry
13. Street vendors
15. Sweets seller
16. Refreshments seller
22. Gas seller
23. Farm tractor driver
24. Gas meter reader
26. Manager and deputy managers
27. HR and recruitment specialists
29. Store supervisors
30. Water and electricity meter readers
31. Travel ticket officers
32. Delivery agents
33. Security guards
34. Bus drivers
35. Public car drivers (transport)
36. Head of departments and trade unions
37. Psychology/social specialists
38. Legal clerk
39. Payroll and wage accountants
40. Insurance, reinsurance and risk insurance specialists
41. Occupational safety inspector for oil and gas
42. Public relations writer
43. Tourist reservation clerk
44. Tour guide
45. Ticket clerk
46. Shipping services clerk
47. Flight operations inspectors
48. Car rental clerks
49. Transport supervisors
50. Freight risk insurance
51. Real estate insurance
52. Auto insurance, factories insurance and customs clearance brokers
53. Salesmen in commercial complexes
54. Vegetable and fruits seller
55. Drivers of refrigerated trucks, ambulances, fire trucks, water trucks, gas trucks, scrap trucks and drivers of all vehicles.
Snap and Qatar Tourism Showcase the Wonders of Qatar Through Immersive AR Experiences at Corniche
Wales Hold USA to Opening Draw in World Cup
Twitter Shuts Offices After Mass Resignations
World Cup Opening Ceremony Reflected Exceptional Organizational Skills