Travel destinations that either do not require a visa or offer visa on arrival to Qatar residents
Are you thinking of travelling outside Qatar for a break but don’t want to go through the process of applying for tourist visas?
If you're living in Qatar with a valid Residency Permit (RP), you can enter several countries with a visa upon arrival or e-Visa.
Here are some travel destinations that either do NOT require a visa or offer visas on arrival to Qatar residents.
All you need is your QID or an easy visa application and you're ready to go! Check them out here.
According to Darwish Travel Company, a leading leisure, travel, and tourism company based in Qatar, here are some countries where a Qatar resident can travel without a visa, with a visa on arrival or an e-Visa:
1. Georgia - QID only
2. Armenia - Visa on arrival (Visa fee starts at $5 depending on the nationality) and QID
3. Maldives - Visa on arrival and QID
4. Oman - e-Visa
5. UAE - e-Visa
Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to Georgia without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. To know if you require a visa to enter Georgia, visit this link.
For example: For Filipino and Indian nationals, visa is not required if they have valid residence permits in Qatar.
Qatar residents with all types of passports may and may not be required to hold a visa on arrival or e-Visa when travelling to the Republic of Armenia.
They can stay in the country for a maximum term of 180 days in a year.
The passport needs to be valid during the whole period of stay.
The Maldives offers a free visa for Qatar Residents. Tourist visa is granted for all nationalities on arrival to this country.
All nationalities receive a 30-day visa on arrival, provided that they have a valid passport, an onward to ticket to continue their journey and a reservation at a tourist facility or enough funds to cover their stay in the country.
As such, a foreigner travelling to Maldives as a tourist does not require pre-approval for the visa. However, the person must satisfy the basic entry requirements to get immigration clearance upon arrival.
You do not have to get a pre-approval for the visa, but you should satisfy the necessary entry requirements to get an immigration clearance upon your arrival to stay there for 30 days maximum.
Depending on your nationality and if you are a resident in a GCC Country (Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or UAE), you may be eligible for different types of visas to enter Oman.
You can apply for a Multi-entry Visit Visa, Tourist Visit Visa, Short Transit Visa, GCC Citizen Companion Visa, GCC Resident Visa and Visit Visa Multi-Entry 1 year.
Check your Oman visa eligibility here.
GCC residents and their companions need to apply online for a visa and must obtain the same before arriving in the UAE.
The visa is valid for 30 days and is extendable once for 30 days.
Notes and Conditions
• e-Visa will be sent to you to your registered email address once your application is approved
• Application for GCC expatriate residents and companions travelling with GCC citizens will not be approved if the sponsor is not travelling along with them
• GCC residents’ entry permit is valid for 30 days from the date of issue and they are allowed to stay for 30 days from the date of entry. The visa is extendable once for 30 days
• Entry permit for companions travelling with GCC citizens is valid for 60 days from the date of issue and they are allowed to stay for 60 days from the date of entry. The visa is extendable once for 60 days
• Upon arrival, if the GCC residence visa is found to be expired or cancelled, he will not be granted entry
• If the profession of the GCC resident is found to be changed after the issuance of his entry permit, the entry permit holder will not be granted entry
• GCC residency must be valid for at least 3 months from the arrival date
• The passport of GCC residents must be valid at least 3 months from the arrival date.
Important Update: MetroExpress Service ONLY Available via Karwa Taxi App from June 24
WhatsApp lets users hide profile photo, last seen from specific people
Box Office: Pixar's 'Lightyear' Underwhelms With $51 Million Debut as 'Jurassic World' Stays No. 1
Qatar ranks number one most peaceful country in Arab World