Doha Marketing Services Company (DOMASCO) unveiled the next generation of the popular and stylish Honda HR-V today, in-line with Honda’s Advanced & Sporty brand direction. The All-New HR-V has a host of advanced safety and technology features introduced for the 1st time
such as Honda SensingTM, Low Emissivity Panoramic Sunroof, Air Diffusion Mode, Touch LED roof light to name a few along with functionality and spaciousness for the user.
HR-V aims to be a lifestyle icon that is confident, visually pleasing and a pleasure to drive, bringing excitement and enriching daily lives. The HR-V is larger than its predecessor and has longer wheelbase which combined with magic seats provide class leading space and utility for an adventurous weekend escape. This new model is primarily targeted towards Generation-C who are always connected, computerised, clicking and choose things with consideration while sharing their choice and experience with friends, family and peers. The New HR-V will empower users to explore a new self.
“We are delighted to introduce the all new Honda HR-V to the Qatar market. It is a true head turner with its notable design cues that include a striking new front-end that features a pair of newly shaped headlights and a sporty grille. This all new HR-V is perfect for todays connected men and women looking to add a bit of style & comfort to their everyday commute with advanced safety features in the form of Honda Sensing.” Said Mr. Jonathan Pollock, Regional Managing Director, Domasco, an Al-Futtaim Group company.
The All-New Honda HR-V debuts a strong, sporty, and expressive exterior design for 2022, featuring a bold new grille, longer hood and sleek roofline. The HR-V is larger than its predecessor, with a longer wheelbase and wider stance with an underlining character of a fun SUV.
• LED Headlights and LED Front Fog Lights: The Honda HR-V has a full array of wide set LED headlights with Day Time Running Lights (DRL) in all grades and LED Front Fog Lights feature in the EX-grade.
• Pentagon Mesh Grille: The bold and sporting new look of the Honda HR-V is accentuated by a multi-faceted Pentagon Mesh Grille which gives it a sculpted look and makes it a head turner.
• New LED Taillights (First in HR-V): is the center light on the tailgate which diffuses into the sidelights and carries the beltline to the front headlights which gives an instant visualization of HR-V’s youthful design cues.
• 17 Inch Alloy Wheels: All grades feature stylish 17 Inch Alloy Wheels giving it a bold and an aggressive attitude.
• Fastback-Inspired Roofline: The graceful swoop of roofline, with an elongated hood, and clean body lines, gives the HR-V a coupe like silhouette.
• Low Emissivity Panoramic Sunroof (First in Honda): is the low emissivity sunroof which has been provided to cut infra-red radiation, making the cabin cooler during hotter days. Also, rear shades can be removed or installed within a few seconds, providing individual comfort levels for rear passengers. This feature is equipped in the EX-grade.
Other noteworthy features include Auto Rain Sensing Wipers and Rear Parking Sensors in LX and EX, Power Folding Mirrors, Rear Fog Lights, Smart Entry with Touch Sensor and Walk-Away Auto Lock® is standard in all grades.
The spacious interior of Honda HR-V has a solid, premium SUV feel, with contemporary fabric, leather, and soft-touch material combinations. The interior design puts emphases on visibility, easy operation and sense of space. A horizontal dashboard layout sets the scene for a ride focussed on the road ahead with an intuitive infotainment screen that defines contemporary design. The feeling of airiness and space is elevated by a new air diffusion system which is one of the many new features in HR-V:
• Spacious Cabin: The spacious cabin seats five occupants with ease and offers interior with fabric in DX and LX grades and leather in EX grade for added style and comfort.
• Automatic Climate Control: The Honda HR-V has an automatic single zone climate control feature with knurled knobs which enables the driver and passenger to change the A/C temperature and adapt to the outside environment.
• Air Diffusion Mode (First in Honda): is Air Diffusion System. Selecting this mode directs the airflow through L-shaped vents. These vents create a fresh breeze in the cabin without hitting the occupants directly and gently guiding the airstream around them. An air curtain is formed around the front and rear passengers which protects outside heat from entering and maintaining cool temperature in the cabin.
• Rear A/C Ventilation: The rear passengers can enjoy additional comfort with rear a/c vents which helps them to sit back and enjoy the ride in Honda HR-V. These are available on the LX and EX Grades.
• Magic Seats and 60:40 Combination Seats: The HR-V’s most unique feature is the rear Magic Seats which in a single motion converts the modular interior into space for a surfboard or even a bike. The seats can be tipped for vertical space or fold them flat into the floor in one easy motion or select 60:40 split for even more flexibility.
• Touch LED Roof Light (First in HR-V): are the capacitive touch rear ceiling lights that are elegant in design and operation. There are no switches to turn ON or OFF, simply touch the chrome ring to turn them ON or OFF. This is available on EX grade.
• Cargo Space: The centre tank layout and the clever packaging enables various modes of magic seats. 60:40 combination seats allow cargo storage for the HR-V to accommodate two folded bikes, a surfboard and 4-5 suitcases with ease.
Honda HR-V is equipped with Honda SensingTM suite of active safety and driver assistive technologies that uses a new single-camera system which detects a wider view of the road ahead for enhanced recognition capability. Combined with software advances and a new, more powerful processor, the system is also capable of more quickly and accurately identifying other vehicles and make driving both easier and safer. This is available in the LX and EX grades.
1. Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
Designed to detect and alert the driver of a potential collision. It also reduces vehicle speed to minimize impact if a collision becomes unavoidable. CMBS function now detects oncoming vehicles when turning, bicycles crossing the street, pedestrians with no streetlight and motorcycles.
2. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow Helps maintain a constant speed by automatically speeding up or slowing down to keep a set distance behind the car in front – all without having to keep a foot on the accelerator. With the new camera and system enhancements, ACC features enhanced smoothness during acceleration and deceleration.
3. Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) Helps to keep vehicle in the middle of a detected lane, preventing it from accidentally drifting out of its lane.
4. Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) Alerts driver when it detects the vehicle may have unintentionally deviated from its lane or is suddenly leaving the roadway altogether.
5. Lead Car Departure Notification System Notifies the driver with audio and visual alerts if accelerator pedal is not depressed and the car in front has moved away.
Continuing Honda’s' longstanding tradition of advancing safety performance, the Honda HR-V introduces multiple new active and passive safety systems. Some of the additional safety systems include:
• ACE™ Body Structure: The Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure in the Honda HR-V has been enhanced for even better compatibility with larger vehicles with improved occupant protection in angled frontal collisions, with a new upper A-pillar structure, side frame and lower firewall structure, all designed to route crash energy around the cabin.
• Rear Wide View Camera: Engage reverse and the rear-view camera automatically comes to life on the 8" display screen with 3 angle views.
• Rear Seat Occupant Reminder (First in HR-V): is the Rear Seat Occupant Reminder, which notifies the driver to check the rear seat when ignition is turned off to prevent any rear occupants being left behind before the car is locked. This is especially helpful for families with small children and pets.
• Hill Descent Control (First in HR-V): Automatically controls the speed between 0-20 kmph when descending hills.
• Vehicle Stability AssistTM (VSA®) with Traction Control: During an oversteer or understeer condition, VSA can brake individual wheels and/or reduce engine power to help restore your intended course.
• 6 Airbags: The HR-V is fitted with 6 Airbags to ensure maximum occupant protection and safety.
• Auto High Beam (AHB) Automatically changes the low beam headlights to high beam when necessary.
Intuitive and seamless in-car connectivity features and apps, introduces a new level of technology to Honda’s compact segment SUV. Some of the noteworthy technology enhancements include:
• 8-Inch Display Audio: The Honda HR-V debuts the 8-inch color Display Audio. The new touchscreen features large, easy-to-recognize icons, and a simplified navigation structure with embedded menus. The touchscreen systems also come standard with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration.
• 4.2-inch TFT Driver Information Display (DII) with Multi Information Display (MID): The HR-V features 4.2 Inches TFT high definition all color Driver Information Display (DII) which displays a variety of information such as Honda SensingTM support, Rear Seat Reminder, Turn by Turn Navigation, fuel economy etc., all customizable from the steering wheel and in-line of sight for driver.
• USB Ports: The HR-V features 1 front USB for charging and 1 for the smart phone interface that are standard in all grades. It also features rear USB ports (2 ports in the EX) for charging your smart phones on the go.
The All-New Honda HR-V offers a 1.5L engine coupled with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) engine which is uniquely tuned for enhanced power delivery, engine sound, overall refinement, and fuel economy ratings.
• Fuel Efficiency*: 18.4 Km/L
• Max Power: 119 hp @ 6600 rpm
• Max Torque: 145Nm @ 4300 rpm
• Paddle Shifters: The Honda HR-V enables a manual 7 speed change with the help of steering wheel mounted paddle shifters which give the feeling of a sporty drive. These are available in the EX-Grade.
The All-New Honda HR-V comes in three grades (DX, LX and EX) :
• Opal White Silver Pearl
• Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic
• Meteoroid Gray Metallic
• Crystal Black Pearl
• Coffee Cherry Red Metallic
• Black Fabric in DX and LX
• Black and Grayge Leather in EX
Honda is distributed in Qatar by Doha Marketing Services Company (DOMASCO), a leading multi-brand company in Qatar and an Al-Futtaim Group company. It has a diversified portfolio of passenger cars, motor bikes, commercial vehicles, marine and power products, watches and electronics representing some of the world's most visible and award-winning brands. Al-Futtaim Automotive is one of five divisions within the Al-Futtaim Group which provides quality products and services that enrich people’s lives and aspirations each and every day.
Important Update: MetroExpress Service ONLY Available via Karwa Taxi App from June 24
WhatsApp lets users hide profile photo, last seen from specific people
Box Office: Pixar's 'Lightyear' Underwhelms With $51 Million Debut as 'Jurassic World' Stays No. 1
Qatar ranks number one most peaceful country in Arab World