Complete Guide to Getting a Qatar Police Clearance Certificate
If you have been to Qatar or currently inside the country, there are many instances that you would need a police clearance certificate.
It can be for a visa application, job requirement, overseas education, or for immigration purposes.
Whatever purpose you have for getting a police clearance certificate, it is essential to know the steps on processing this document to receive it fast and avoid any confusion.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers as well as some tips on getting a police clearance certificate in Qatar:
What is a Police Clearance Certificate?
A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is also known as:
• Good Conduct Certificate
• Qatar Good Standing Certificate
It is known by different names in different countries like police certificates, good conduct certificates, judicial record extracts, PCC, etc.
What is the purpose of a Police Clearance Certificate?
It serves as:
• a copy of your criminal record or a declaration of the absence of any criminal record.
• one of the documents some employers require in the process of hiring new employees
• a mandatory certificate that you need to produce to get your migration process completed
• a step nearer to your dream of getting a visa to migrate to the country of your choice
• an official document issued in the name of the applicant by the Police department in the country or by any other government agencies detailing the criminal records of the applicant or the, if any.
Note: The criminal records include the arrest, conviction, and all criminal proceedings recorded by the concerned department.
What are the conditions for granting a certificate of good conduct?
Conditions for obtaining a certificate of good conduct from within the State of Qatar include:
• for employment
• Use abroad (study and immigration)
• Marriage, commercial activity, establishment of an association or institution, etc
Who is eligible to get a Qatar PCC?
Both locals and expats should acquire a Qatar PCC. It is issued by the State of Qatar for those who have lived there for at least 6 months. Please make sure that you have done a fingerprint test in Qatar before you request for a PCC.
How to get a Police Clearance from Outside Qatar?
There are instances in which you might not be locally available to obtain a police clearance certificate. But, fret not, there are ways on how to request for the document even if you are not currently in the country.
Your option would be to go to the Qatari embassy (from the country of stay) and apply for a PCC with the required documents. Or, you can apply via express mail and send all documents to the Ministry of Interior.
Note: The disadvantage of applying via mail or the Embassy is that the waiting time can be very long and there are chances your documents can be misplaced.
What if I am in Qatar on a Visitor Status Certificate?
Qatar does not issue a residence ID card to visitors. Police certificates are only issued to residents of Qatar with an ID card number. If you were a visitor before you became a resident, you are required to provide a written explanation with the dates of your visitor status and a copy of your passport with your entry stamp to Qatar.
What are the different types of Police Clearance Certificates?
The main categorization for the issuance of Police Clearance Certificate in the country are:
• Transfer of the employee
• Personal Matters
How long is the approval for a Police Clearance Certificate?
According to a CEID official, it takes 2 weeks (sometimes less or more) depending on the authorities. There is no specific date of the issuance.
How long is the validity of a Qatar PCC?
It is valid for 6 months.
DIFFERENT OPTIONS IN GETTING A QATAR POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
There are 4 ways to request for a Police Clearance Certificate in Qatar.
1. Through Metrash 2
2. Through CEID
3. Through Power of Attorney for others or for expats
4. Through MoI Website
Application through Metrash 2
Applying through Metrash2 App is the easiest and fastest way to apply for a Police Clearance Certificate.
Select General Services → Police Clearance Certificate → Request Certificate and follow the steps as shown in the picture.
Submitting Application through the Criminal Evidences and Information Department (CEID)
Documents Required for Submission
1. A nomination letter from the employer addressed to the Director of CEID.
2. A copy of the ID card.
3. Final Clearance Letter in the event of resignation.
4. A letter of no objection from the previous employer or the sponsor and a copy of the establishment registration (for the resident).
5. Certificate of good conduct from the country of the applicant or his embassy, attested by the Qatar Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the competent authorities (for the resident).
6. Clearance Certificate from the government agency in the case of resignation (for resident women).
7. Copy of the ID card for the employer (for the resident women).
8. Fee of 10 Qatari Riyals.
9. Doha-born residents are excluded from bringing the certificate from their country, provided they bring a copy of the birth certificate, as well as those who entered the country at the age of less than 16 years. All of this is provided that the residence of the students residing in the country should not exceed for more than 6 months.
Required Documents on Accepting Application for Police Clearance Certificate for Ex Residents in the Country
1. A letter from the Consular Affairs Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Qatar, including a request by a former resident of Qatar, for a certificate of good conduct.
2. A certified and attested copy of the decimal fingerprints.
3. A copy of the passport along with an ID Card.
4. Payment of fees - Ten (10) Qatari Riyals.
5. Two (2) passport-size photos (4x6).
6. Submitting the application from the country and it is divided into (2) two parts:
- By a first-degree relative
- By any other person
In this case, it is required to bring an authorization letter in the name of the applicant from the owner of the transaction to complete the transaction and receive the certificate once it is approved.
Submitting Application through the MoI Website
Requesting a PCC can also be done via the Ministry of Interior’s website. It is one of the Electronic Services (e-Services) that you can find in this link.
1. Enter the General Services
2. Enter your QID No. and Password
3. Select the Good Conduct Certificate
4. Press on Apply
5. Specify the department you submit the certificate to.
6. Specify the objective.
7. Click on next for completing the transaction.
8. Select from the below:
• External Use
• Medical License
9. If you apply for the purpose of the employment, fill in the additional information such as:
Professional name / new job:
Did you work before:
Reason of leaving the old job:
In case the applicant has a previous job, the salary and job title should be determined in addition to the previous entity, and then click on "next" to list the necessary documents.
If you receive a similar message starting with "Procedure cannot be completed because..., visit the CEID or the nearest Unified Service Center to update the fingerprint and then complete the procedures.
Ministry of Interior (MOI)
Director of Criminal Evidences and Information Department (CEID)
P.O. Box 23004
Doha, State of Qatar
Location: Waab Area
Official Working Hours
6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Snap and Qatar Tourism Showcase the Wonders of Qatar Through Immersive AR Experiences at Corniche
Wales Hold USA to Opening Draw in World Cup
Twitter Shuts Offices After Mass Resignations
World Cup Opening Ceremony Reflected Exceptional Organizational Skills