COVID-19 Restrictions for Children in Commercial Establishments in Qatar
In line with the reimposition of some COVID-19 restrictions in Qatar, it has been decided by the government that children are allowed into markets, malls, and complexes. However, this comes with certain conditions.
This article will serve as your guide to the rules imposed in commercial establishments for children.
Regulations from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry:
1. Children below 12 years old are allowed to enter Hypermarkets and Complexes which are oustide the malls.
2. Children below 12 years are not allowed to enter malls even if they are accompanied by vaccinated parents.
3. For those who recovered from Covid, they can show their recovery certificate instead of golden Ehteraz.
4. Those who are exempted from the vaccine, can show their exemption certificate from MoPH or HMC instead of Ehteraz.
Based on the recent announcement of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry below, entry in popular markets is allowed only to vaccinated clients and their children under 12 years old. They can also dine in indoor spaces as per the following capacity limits:
- 50% for restaurants with a 'Qatar Clean' certificate
- 30% for pre-qualified restaurants
Only vaccinated customers and their children under 12 years old can dine in outdoor spaces, in line with the following capacity limits:
- 75% for restaurants with a 'Qatar Clean' certificate
- 40% for pre-qualified restaurants
Open buffet services are also allowed. However, shisha services are currently banned. Tables must be redistributed as well to ensure safe social distancing.
A number of malls in the country have announced that children under 12 are not allowed to enter the malls even if they are accompanied by vaccinated parents.
The malls have put up notices in this regard on social media, explaining the new rules that came into effect since January 8.
Mall of Qatar
"Dear visitors, following the latest Covid-19 precautionary measures issued by the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management, please note that unvaccinated people, including unvaccinated kids of all ages, will not be allowed to enter the mall. Your safety is our priority," Mall of Qatar stated in a notice on Instagram.
City Center Doha made an announcement on Facebook pertaining to the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry. These are as follows:
* Children below 12 are allowed to enter hypermarkets and complexes that are outside malls.
* Children below 12 are not allowed to enter malls even if they are accompanied by vaccinated parents.
* Those who have recovered from Covid can show their recovery certificate instead of the golden Ehteraz frame.
* Those who are exempted from the Covid-19 vaccine can show their exemption certificate from the Ministry of Public Health or Hamad Medical Corporation instead of Ehteraz.
???????Issuing Covid-19 safety instructions on Facebook, Hyatt Plaza said children below 12 are not allowed to enter the mall.
???????In a related post online, Tawar Mall said children under the age of 12 are allowed to enter consumer and catering complexes and hypermarkets located outside shopping malls, but are not allowed to enter shopping malls even if they are accompanied by vaccinated parents.
Doha Festival City
???????According to Doha Festival City general manager, "due to the recent government directive, children will not be allowed entry to the mall, even if accompanied by a vaccinated guardian/parent.”
???????“We remain fully committed to managing our Shopping Mall through regular cleaning, sanitising and the use of extensive air circulation systems to provide the safest possible environment for our customers and staff and continue to commit to over QR1mn per month in our cleaning and sanitising regimes,” he added.
???????People who have recovered from Covid-19 are allowed to enter, and the recovery certificate is accepted instead of having the golden frame on the Ehteraz app.
???????People who are exempted from the Covid-19 vaccine are allowed to enter based on the exemption certificate from the Ministry of Public Health or Hamad Medical Corporation.
???????Holders of diplomatic representation cards and employees of foreign embassies in the country and their families are also exempted from the requirement to show the Ehteraz app.
Important Update: MetroExpress Service ONLY Available via Karwa Taxi App from June 24
WhatsApp lets users hide profile photo, last seen from specific people
Box Office: Pixar's 'Lightyear' Underwhelms With $51 Million Debut as 'Jurassic World' Stays No. 1
Qatar ranks number one most peaceful country in Arab World