Changing Employers in Qatar Without NOC
The International Labour Organization (ILO) has recently published a simple infographic to easily understand the current process in changing employers without a No Objection Certificate (NOC).
All workers in Qatar can change employers without having to first obtain an NOC. This simple infographic, which you can download here, highlights the key elements of the new rules.
Steps below apply to private sector workers covered by Labour Law No. 14 of 2004, agricultural and grazing workers, domestic workers and fishermen.
To change jobs:
1. Workers should notify their employers through the electronic system of the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs
- Give 1 month notice if in current job for 2 years or less
- Give 2 months notice if in current job for more than 2 years
Download, fill and sign the “Change Employer Form”
- For specialized professions: Attach a certified copy of the educational qualification and a license of practice from the concerned authorities in the country.
- Attach the health insurance certificate of the applicant who is over 60 years old.
• Workers should give at least a one-month notice through ADLSA’s electronic system
- The new employer should compensate the former employer with an agreed payment that does not exceed the equivalent of two months of the worker’s basic wage.
To apply, click here. (After visiting the link, you can find an "Apply" button). It is advised to submit your application during the official working hours (7:00 AM to 2:00 PM).
2. The application will be processed by the competent department at the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs and a confirmation will be sent within a week of the date of the submission of the application.
3. After processing the application, the Ministry will send a text message to the worker and the current employer informing them that the notice period of the worker has started. In case the application is incomplete, further information will be requested.
4. After the expiry of the legal notice period, the new employer must conclude an employment contract with the worker, through the digital certification service of the employment contracts.
5. After completing the contract certification, the new employer must enter to the electronic services of the Ministry of Interior through Metrash2 or the Ministry of Interior website to complete the procedure for changing the employer.
• Workers will not incur any fees to change jobs
• If the employer has failed to fulfill his/her legal obligations, the worker will not be bound to observe a notice period in order to change jobs.
Workers will be entitled to:
- Receive end-of-service benefits from the former employer (if they have been in their jobs for more than one year)
- Be paid for any due annual leave
- Collect their pay in full during the notice period
- Obtain a new QID and health card (to be arranged and paid for by the new employer)
Where can I find more information?
Visit bit.ly/ADLSA-ENS or contact the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs on the hotline 16008
Where to seek technical assistance for my application?
If you come across any problems or technical issues, please contact technical support at the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs: app-support@ADLSA.gov.qa or call 40288888.
Emotional Djokovic hails biggest victory of his Life
Where to Go for Your Next Coffee Break in Lusail?
Why was Qatar the Most Successful Host of the FIFA World Cup?
Three two-toed sloth freeze to death at Belgium airport en route to Malaysia