Amazing Facts About Hamad International Airport
Comfort. Convenience. Choice. These are the things that matter most to today’s traveller, and you will find them all at Hamad International Airport.
Designed for passengers both regional and international, it offers facilities that are efficient, modern and user-friendly. Wide check-in aisles, abundant service desks and speedy security clearance make your pre-flight experience quick and easy.
Step inside to a new standard in airport comfort, convenience, and choice.
Did you know that know that there are many things to be discovered and experience in Hamad International Airport?
Here are some amazing facts about its world-class architecture and facilities:
Location, Size, and Capacity
• Hamad International Airport is located within an eight-hour flight for more than two thirds of the global population
• HIA is about a third of the size of Doha.
• Upon completion of the airport capacity expansion plans, HIA will handle 50 million passengers, 2.5 million tonnes of cargo, and 360,000 aircraft landings and take-offs each year. In short, it will be three times the size of the existingairport in Doha and six times the capacity.
• At peak times, as many as 8,700 passengers can pass through the Passenger Terminal Complex in a single hour.
• HIA met its record of 37.3 million passengers in 2016.
• With 600,000 square meters and 4 stories high Passenger Terminal Complex (PTC) equalling 75 FIFA-size soccer fields or in Qatari 3 Qatar National Convention Centres (QNCCs). As such, it will be the largest building in Doha.
• HIA has a capacity of 1.4 million tonnes per annum, set to increase to 2.8 million upon completion of second terminal.
• HIA has two parallel runways, among the longest in the world, designed to cater to next-generation aircraft including the Airbus A380.