In Qatar all working expats needs to possess a valid residence permit that should clearly include their profession. Many expats faces issues with their profession wrongly mentioned in their Qatar’s resident permit. This can effect them in many ways like in obtaining privileges from official institutions and banks, visa on arrival, hassles in arranging family visa.
For correcting the profession on the residence permit the below steps needs to be followed
1. ) Visit MoI’s official website, “www.moi.gov.qa”.
2. ) Down the form, “Application for Modifying Residents’ Details” from link
3. ) Fill the form with the correct information and mention new and past profession clearly including the sponsor information.
4. ) Sign it and get it stamped and signed from your company’s authorized person.
5. ) After completing the form, submit the form with all the needed documents including your passport and Qatar ID to the Labour department for verification and approval.
6. ) Once the process is over and approval is done new residence permit will be issued with passport now reflecting the new profession.
1. Copy of new employment contract
2. Copy of old employment contract
3. 6 months bank statements
4. ID Copy
5. Passport copy
6. Company computer copy
7. Company Current Labour Copy
8. Copy of sponsor’s ID card
9. Application for Profession change- signed and sealed by your company
For tracking the status of your residence permit you can visit
Grace period for expats to correct legal status begins today
Recruit a Project Officer for Jobs in Qatar with This Outsourcing Service
Umrah and prayer at Grand Mosque permits restricted for fully vaccinated pilgrims from Oct. 10
Philippine Nobel winner Ressa calls Facebook 'biased against facts'
Pfizer: Know all about the Covid-19 vaccine and its usage in Qatar
FIFA’22 over Covid-19: Qatar limbers up for the World Cup amidst a worldwide pandemic
Top 5 Art Galleries You Must Explore in Qatar
Afghan Women Speaks on Unyielding Hope of Restoring Their Homeland