Qatar Museums Open Now – With precautionary measures in place
The National Museum of Qatar is now open.
Please check this page for the latest information on openings, hours and visiting information.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
- All museums
- Al Zubarah, Al Jassasiya and Barzan Towers
- IDAM restaurant at Museum of Islamic Art
- Jiwan restaurant at National Museum of Qatar
- Parks at MIA and NMoQ are now open 24 hours
- Libraries at the Museum of Islamic Art (MIA) and the National Museum of Qatar (NMoQ) are open during museum hours
- The library at the Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art (Mathaf) is open Sunday – Thursday 9am to 2:30pm
- Temporary exhibitions are open during museum hours
Museums and heritage sites are open Saturday– Thursday 9am to 7pm and on Fridays 1:30pm - 7pm. Last admission will be 30 minutes before closing.
Tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit.
Cancelled until further notice
- MIA Bazaar and NMoQ’s Souq Baraha
- Exhibitions are open from Saturday to Thursday 9am – 7pm and on Fridays 1:30pm – 7pm.
IDAM restaurant at the Museum of Islamic Art is open with limited capacity for dinner from Saturday – Wednesday noon to 9:30pm and Thursday 3pm – 9:30pm. Advance reservations are required.
IDAM reservations: +974 4422 4488
Jiwan restaurant at the National Museum of Qatar is open with limited capacity for lunch, dinner and afternoon tea.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: 12.30pm - 9pm
Friday: 1:30pm – 9pm
Monday: 4.30pm - 9pm
Advance reservations are required.
Jiwan reservations: +974 4452 5725
- Tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit.
- All admissions tickets are valid for single entry on the date of admission only. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged.
- Terms & conditions apply
- QM welcomes all visitors, but please be aware that we request you dress conservatively as a sign of respect for the local culture.
- Entrance may be refused if your clothing is unsuitable.
Know Before You Come
- Masks must be worn, except for children under 12. Visitors must bring their own masks
- Temperature checks will be done on arrival
- Visitors must present their Ehteraz app (and must have a green status) for entry
- Show your ticket on your mobile phone or bring a printed copy to present on entry
DURING YOUR VISIT
- At Qatar Museums, the health and safety of our visitors and staff is of the utmost importance.
- You will be required to maintain social distancing throughout your visit. Visitor Services staff will regulate the number of visitors in the museum and gallery spaces.
- Museum Cafés and Shops
- Cafés and gift shops are open. Social distancing measures will be enforced.
- Cash and card payment options will be available
- Open or Available During Museum Hours
- Prayer rooms (there will be a limit to the number of people that can enter at one time)