Mandatory facemask; No more than four people allowed in cars in Qatar

  • 1 month ago
Mandatory facemask; No more than four people allowed in cars in Qatar

The Ministry of Interior on Friday said no more than four people (including the driver) are allowed to travel in a car.

However, families are exempted from this decision, the ministry said in a tweet published on is official handle on Friday.

This is the latest in a series of precautions the ministry has advised the public to follow to contain the spread of coronavirus.

The ministry had earlier reminded the public that it was their "national and moral duty" to adhere to preventive measures against COVID-19.

In a press conference held on Thursday evening, Chair of the National Strategic Group on COVID-19 and Head of the Infectious Diseases Division at Hamad Medical Corporation, Dr. Abdullatif Al Khal, stated that the new cases increased after a period of decline due to the Eid al-Adha holidays and failure to adhere to preventive measures during family visits and social gatherings. 

 

With this, he also added that an increase in infections may lead to a delay in entering the fourth phase of lifting restrictions. 

On the other hand, Director of the Health Protection and Communicable Diseases Control Department at MoPH and co-chair of the National Pandemic Preparation Committee, Dr. Hamad Al Rumaihi, also spoke during the press conference. 

In his address, Dr Rumaihi stated: "We expect to be living with COVID-19 to some degree for some time to come."

"Only when a reliable vaccine becomes available can we confidently believe the threat of COVID-19 is passed," he added.

In the press conference, Dr Al Khal also reminded all citizens and residents to adhere to safety precautions against the Coronavirus until safe and effective vaccination is available. 

Comments