Cabinet Approves Draft Decision on Rules for Price Increase of Goods and Services
The Cabinet has approved a draft decision of HE the Minister of Commerce and Industry regarding the rules for any increase in the prices of goods and services, Qatar News Agency (QNA) reported.
This came at the Cabinet's regular meeting chaired by HE the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz al-Thani at the Amiri Diwan Wednesday.
Following the meeting, HE the Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Mohamed bin Abdullah al-Sulaiti issued a statement giving the details of the proceedings.
At the outset of the meeting, the Cabinet listened to the explanation given by HE the Minister of Public Health Dr Hanan Mohamed al-Kuwari on the latest developments regarding the steps taken to contain the spread of Covid-19. The Cabinet affirmed the continuation of the precautionary measures that have been taken to combat the pandemic.
After that, the Cabinet considered the topics on the agenda as follows:
1. The approval of a draft decision of HE the Minister of Interior regarding the rules and procedures for submitting applications for ordinary passports, their amendment and renewal, and the form of all kinds of passports; and a draft decision of HE the Minister of Interior regarding the procedures for issuing Qatari travel documents and pass tickets.
2. The approval of a draft decision of HE the Minister of Commerce and Industry regarding the bases and rules for any increase in the prices of goods and services.
The preparation of the draft decision comes to replace Article No 8 of 2013 and in implementation of the provisions of Article 10 of Law No 8 of 2008 regarding consumer protection, "which prohibits the supplier from increasing the prices of goods and services, without complying with the basis and rules issued by the decision of HE the Minister, and within the framework of keeping pace with economic and commercial developments and changes, and ensuring the effectiveness and balance of markets in a manner that allows suitable prices for all parties, whether producers, suppliers or consumers", QNA stated.
This decision also comes in line with the State's policy aimed at preserving the purchasing power of individuals' income, reducing the burden on them, limiting price increases, and addressing any form of unjustified rises in the prices of goods and services, especially basic ones.
3. Approval of the following:
* A draft non-disclosure agreement between the Qatar Civil Aviation Authority and the air navigation services provider in Portugal.
* A draft agreement on mutual exemption from entry visa requirements for holders of diplomatic, special, official and mission passports between Qatar and the government of the Seychelles.
* A draft agreement on mutual exemption from entry visa requirements for holders of diplomatic, special, official and mission passports between the governments of Qatar and Costa Rica.
* A draft agreement on the transfer of persons sentenced to a penalty of deprivation of liberty between Qatar and Spain.
* The first executive programme of the cultural and technical co-operation agreement between the governments of Qatar and Iran for the years 2022-2023.
Important Update: MetroExpress Service ONLY Available via Karwa Taxi App from June 24
WhatsApp lets users hide profile photo, last seen from specific people
Box Office: Pixar's 'Lightyear' Underwhelms With $51 Million Debut as 'Jurassic World' Stays No. 1
Qatar ranks number one most peaceful country in Arab World