What is the new process in reporting lost or damaged Residence Permits?
Replace Lost or Damaged Residence Permit (For Non-Qataris)
As per the latest announcement of the Ministry of Interior (MOI), you can report lost items such as your ID card, passport, mobile phone through Metrash2 app without visiting security departments or police sections.
Metrash2 offers many Residence Permit services including replacing lost or damaged ID cards without visiting security departments or services centres.
Now you can report loss of personal belongings including your Residence Permit/QID card, using the latest version of Metrash2 app in 3 easy steps:
1. Log-in to your Metrash2 App
2. Go to "General Services"
3. Find the "Report Lost Object"
According to the Metrash 2 helpline 234-2000, follow the instructions after using the above service in Metrash 2 (including payment for new QID) and claim it from your nearest police station.
Metrash2 is available in six languages including Arabic, English, French, Spanish, Urdu and Malayalam.
According to Hukoomi (Qatar e-Government portal), residents can also apply online to replace their lost or damaged residence permit cards through the online portal of the Ministry of Interior (MOI).
• Login with your smartcard to the e-services portal of MOI.
• Select “Residence Services” from the list, then choose the service type (Replace Lost or Replace Damaged).
• Enter the information of the expat who wants to issue Residence Permit/QID card (Either for himself/herself, or for one of the family members), in addition to the mobile number.
• Select the delivery option: Personally from Expatriates Affairs Department, or by mail courier via Qatar Postal Services Company.
• In case of selecting the mail courier delivery option, the address should be entered, and its information validity checkbox should be ticked.
• Pay fees and print/save receipt.
• Applicants must be inside the country.
• If you need to replace a lost QID card, you must submit an “Implicit” security notification for the lost card.
QR200, in addition to QR20 mail courier delivery fees (if applicable).
Pfizer CEO in talks with 90 countries for COVID-19 pill
Pfizer says its antiviral pill slashes risk of severe COVID-19 by 89%
What are the Best-paying Jobs in Qatar?
Umrah and prayer at Grand Mosque permits restricted for fully vaccinated pilgrims from Oct. 10