New Texts Reveal What Killed Lil' Peep

  • 5 days   ago
  • 275

Rapper Lil’ Peep, whose real name is Gustav Ahr, had an entertainment industry trajectory that was headed up, way up. Fans loved his unique music and his in-your-face, unapologetic style, which rapidly built his following. This also got him a major photo spread in GQ Magazine in the early part of his career. Lil Peep was originally from Pennsylvania but grew up in New York’s Long Island area. He died while on tour in Tucson, Arizona at the age of 21 years. old.


Lil’ Peep started his music career by releasing the mixtapes Lil Peep Part One and Live Forever during 2015, which garnered immediate attention from online fans. During 2016, he released two more album-length mixtapes Hellboy and Crybaby. In August 2017, he released his first album Come Over When You’re Sober. He was on tour promoting the album when he died.

TMZ reports Lil Peep’s death is attributed to a drug overdose. Authorities are investigating if fentanyl was involved. Fentanyl is an opioid, which is 50 to 100 times stronger than morphine. It is one of the widely abused “prescription” drugs and is responsible, according to the CDC, for the deaths of over 5,000 Americans each year. It accounts for over half of the deaths from opioid overdoses in America.

In the hours before his death, Lil Peep went on Instagram to tell his fans he was taking psilocybin “magic” mushrooms, which are a hallucinogen and concentrated marijuana, extract. After that, he told fans on Instagram that he took six Xanax pills, which are an anti-depressant. There is a suspicion that the Xanax pills were laced with fentanyl. He posted a video on Snapchat showing him clumsily taking some pills and shaking the bottle to show he had more.

He also posted the ominous tweet of “When I die, you’ll love me.” Previously, he told fans he wanted to become the new Kurt Cobain—the lead singer of Nirvana that killed himself. In the Snapchat video, it appears that he was already heavily drugged when he took more pills, saying that he “almost choked to death trying to take them.”

...[ Continue to next page ]

Disclaimer: All information, data and material contained, presented, or provided on is for awareness purposes only. It is not to be construed or intended as providing medical or legal advice. Decisions you make about your family's healthcare are important and should be made in consultation with a competent medical professional.We are not physicians and do not claim to be. Any views expressed here-in are not necessarily those held by